Southwestern Industries is looking for a CAD draftsman to come join our team and work in our engineering support group. In addition to documentation, this group supports our Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineers.
- Create 3D models, 2D drawings and assembly drawings with bills of materials.
- Update drawings per Engineering Change Request (ECR).
- Create detailed installation procedure drawings (Mechanical/Electrical).
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineers to assist in designing products.
- Work with data management tools Solidworks PDM – Solidworks Manage.
- Converting Legacy CAD data (Solid Edge) to Solidworks.
- Proficient in Solidworks (We use Solidworks 2019)
- 4 to 7 years of solid modeling experience required
- Experience with Solidworks PDM preferred
- AA or degree in an engineering field preferred
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of standard drafting policies
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Photoshop
TRAK Machine Tools has been in business for over 50 years and has been a leader in the CNC machine tool industry. We have been the leading company in the design of CNC controls for skilled prototype machinists. We are now developing some new exciting product lines addressing other niche markets to continue to grow the company. Please visit our website to see these industry leading products at www.trakmt.com.
We take great pride in being vertically integrated in engineering as well as manufacturing. We have an extensive machine shop that we use as inspiration and a test bed for our products. We manufacture all of our electronic systems using SMT and Selective Soldering Systems.
Be part of a company that does a little bit of everything. We design machines, electronics and write our own software for our controls. We manufacture and assemble electronic, electrical and mechanical systems in our Los Angeles facilities. We sell our products throughout North America, the UK and in Europe.
We have a very competitive compensation package, which includes health benefits, vacation, vacation bonus and 401K retirement plan.
The above description is not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of skills, qualifications, and duties for this role. Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact Human Resources to ask for accommodations or an alternative application process.