If you are interested in applying for one of the jobs listed below, please send a resume to:
Southwestern Industries, Inc.
2615 Homestead Place
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
Phone (310) 608-4422
Fax (310) 764-2668
Southwestern Industries has been in business for the past 50 years. It is a leader in low cost controls for the toolroom market. The main office is in Rancho Dominguez, CA just south of Los Angeles off the 91 and 710 freeways. We have customers all over North America. For more information about the company, see our website at www.trakmt.com
Basic Job Functions
• Troubleshoot down to the component level on assemblies and systems.
• Troubleshoot system level problems for both mills and lathes.
• Build or assemble prototype parts (cables, computers, assemble PCBs, etc)
• Create and check drawings required to support new product development. Capable of creating and implementing product release, and ECR/ECN documentation according to company procedures.
• Support engineers on various projects and tasks.
• Testing of 2nd source electrical or electronic parts.
• Interface with vendors to help solve problems and get failure analysis reports.
• Support our customer service and field personnel on difficult to solve problems. Willing to get on a plane to go and solve problems.
• AS degree in electronics or equivalent is preferred
• 5+ years of electro-mechanical experience
• Experienced with the technologies we use in our products – PCBs, motherboards, LCDs, VF drives, motors, encoders, etc.
• Familiar with reading and creating electrical and electronic schematics using Orcads or Pads.
• Troubleshooting board level components
• Very familiar using oscilloscopes
• Familiar with using logic analyzers
• Good soldering and desoldering skills
• Comfortable working with 220 and 440 voltages
• Good communication skills in order to interact with managers and other engineers
• Small amount of travel may be required
About the Product
Southwestern Industries is a mfg. of CNC machines and controls. The control is PC based and used on mills and lathes. The software portion of the control has been developed by Southwestern Industries. Machines are manufactured in Taiwan. The electrical and electronic systems are designed and manufactured at Southwestern Industries and integrated onto machines at our Los Angeles facilities.
We have a competitive compensation package and benefit program that includes health, life, and disability insurance, vacation, vacation bonus and a 401K retirement plan.