If you are interested in applying for one of the jobs listed below, please send a resume to:
Southwestern Industries, Inc.
2615 Homestead Place
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
Phone (310) 608-4422
Fax (310) 764-2668
Do you have the persuasive drive and inter-personal skills to build a rewarding sales career with us? This position provides an exceptional opportunity for the motivated individual who seeks the challenge of a sales career, where personal effort is directly related to financial and personal rewards. If you have a background in manufacturing, and more specifically machining, and possess the high energy and self-assertion needed in selling, we have a training program which will launch you on a lucrative career path.
Southwestern Industries is a manufacturer of innovative CNC controls and CNC machine tools for R & D, tooling, and low-volume machining applications. We integrate our CNC controls with machine tools and sell the finished products as turnkey systems under the respected brand names of TRAK and ProtoTRAK. We sell directly to users in much of the United States, with distributor sales in other parts of North America and Europe. The plant is located in the Los Angeles, CA area.
We are Proud to Boast
• Factory-direct and distributor sales
• Competitive products that yield superior solutions in our chosen niche
• Diverse and growing customer base
• Value-added, consultative selling process
• Close relationships with our customers
• Excellent compensation
• Competitive benefits package
• Long history of stability and growth
• Excellent product and sales training programs
The Service Products Representative program develops people for a career in Industrial Business-to-Business Sales. It combines progressive work experience, product training and sales training in a challenging environment that will rapidly extend the skills of the Service Products Representative. The work of the Service Products Representative helps customers realize optimal benefits from using our products. This leads to extraordinary customer satisfaction and thereby constitutes a major competitive advantage for Southwestern Industries.
The Service Products Representative begins their career in Southwestern Industries Field Service Organization. The successful candidate will provide a high level of service, installation, and training support to customers, while at the same time learning the products and the skills needed to perform the selling of our service products.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
• Selling our service products including upgrades
• Working directly with customers on the installation and service of CNC controls and CNC machine tools
• Performing preventative maintenance to keep products running like new
• Performing standard service work on our tool room products.
• Keeping accurate customer records with a CRM system
• Training customers on product use after the installation
• Strong motivation and results-oriented attitude
• Appropriate personality for consultative selling
• Interest in manufacturing technology
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Manufacturing and/or machine shop experience preferred
• Bachelor degree in Business or Technology (may be offset by experience)
• Desire to earn a substantial income