TRAK Machine Tools is looking for a Field Service Technician to come join our team! Our Field Service Technicians work in our customer’s machine shops and manufacturing companies in a hands-on capacity, using a variety of tools to repair, maintain, and install our TRAK CNC Machines and our ProtoTRAK CNC Retrofits.
Yearly Compensation: $60,000 - $75,000
TRAK Machine Tools (TMT) is a manufacturer of CNC controls and CNC machine tools for R & D, tooling, and low-volume machining applications. We integrate our CNC controls with machine tools and sell the finished products as turnkey systems under the respected brand names of TRAK and ProtoTRAK. We sell directly to users in much of the United States, with distributor sales in other parts of North America and Europe.
We are proud to boast:
- Excellent Compensation
- Company vehicle and tools
- Full training program
- Expense reimbursement
- A long history of stability and growth
- Medical/401K/Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
Our Field Service Technicians work in our customer’s machine shops and manufacturing companies in a hands-on capacity, using a variety of tools to repair, maintain, and install our TRAK CNC Machines and our ProtoTRAK CNC Retrofits. This is a full-time, salaried position for a responsible individual capable of working with minimal supervision. The Field Service Technician (FST) mostly works in a defined, local territory. He works from his own home and drives to customer’s shops in a company-supplied service vehicle. He visits several different locations each week and responds to service demand and generates additional service revenue by offering service maintenance contracts and other service products.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
- Performing service on existing products in machine shops and manufacturing companies.
- Installation of new CNC controls and CNC machine tools.
- Performing scheduled maintenance to keep things running like new.
- Contacting the customer to schedule service calls.
- Completing various reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to learn technical subjects
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong motivation and results-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills
- Experience or education in a mechanical field
- Maturity and self-reliance
- Good organization skills
- Physically fit: able to lift up to 75 lbs, walk long distances, climb on machines, etc
- Must have a valid driver's license with no significant violations.
The above description is not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of skills, qualifications, and duties for this role. Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact Human Resources to ask for accommodations or an alternative application process.