TRAK products are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the following periods:
|Any EXCHANGE Unit
The warranty period starts on the date of the invoice to the original purchaser from Southwestern Industries, Inc. (SWI) or their authorized distributor.
If a product, subsystem or component proves to be defective in workmanship and fails within the warranty period, it will be repaired or exchanged at our option for a properly functioning unit in similar or better condition. Such repairs or exchanges will be made FOB Factory/Los Angeles or the location of our nearest factory representative or authorized distributor.
- This warranty is expressly in lieu of any other warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and of any other obligations or liability on the part of SWI (or any producing entity, if different).
- Warranty repairs/exchanges do not cover incidental costs such as installation, labor, freight, etc.
- SWI is not responsible for consequential damages from use or misuse of any of its products.
- TRAK products are precision mechanical/electromechanical/electronic systems and must be given the reasonable care that these types of products require. Evidence that the product does not receive adequate Preventative Maintenance may invalidate the warranty. Excessive chips built up around ballscrews and way surfaces is an example of this evidence.
- Accidental damage, beyond the control of SWI, is not covered by the warranty. Thus, the warranty does not apply if a product has been abused, dropped, hit or disassembled.
- Improper installation by or at the direction of the customer in such a way that the product consequently fails, is considered to be beyond the control of the manufacturer and outside the scope of the warranty.
- Warranty does not cover wear items that are consumed under normal use of the product. These items include, but are not limited to: windows, bellows, wipers, filters, drawbars and belts.
If an extended warranty has been purchased, the terms and conditions listed above shall apply for the extended warranty period.