TRAK products are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the following periods:
|Any EXCHANGE Unit
The warranty period starts on the date of the invoice to the original purchaser from Southwestern Industries, Inc. (SWI) or their authorized distributor.
If a unit under warranty fails, it will be repaired or exchanged at our option for a properly functioning unit in similar or better condition. Such repairs or exchanges will be made FOB Factory/Los Angeles or the location of our nearest factory representative or authorized distributor.
Disclaimers of Warranties
- This warranty is expressly in lieu of any other warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and of any other obligations or liability on the part of SWI (or any producing entity, if different).
- Warranty repairs/exchanges do not cover incidental costs such as installation, labor, freight, etc.
- SWI is not responsible for consequential damages from use or misuse of any of its products.
- TRAK products are precision mechanical/electromechanical measurement systems and must be given the reasonable care that these types of instruments require.
- Replacement of chip scrapers and wipers is the responsibility of the customer. Consequently, the warranty does not apply if chips have been allowed to enter the mechanism.
- Accidental damage, beyond the control of SWI, is not covered by the warranty. Thus, the warranty does not apply if an instrument has been abused, dropped, hit, disassembled or opened.
- Improper installation by or at the direction of the customer in such a way that the product consequently fails, is considered to be beyond the control of the manufacturer and outside the scope of the warranty.