TRAK Machine Tools is looking for a Field Sales Representative to come join our team! The Sales Representative creates unique value to our customers by ensuring support before, during and after the sale. The work of the Field Sales Representative helps customers realize optimal benefit from using our products. This leads to extraordinary customer satisfaction and thereby constitutes a major competitive advantage for TRAK Machine Tools.
Yearly Compensation: $50,000 - $90,000 plus commissions
TRAK Machine Tools is a manufacturer of computers for metalworking factory automation. We integrate our computers (known in the industry as CNCs) with machine tools and sell the finished products as turnkey systems under the respected brand names of TRAK and ProtoTRAK. We sell directly to users in much of the United States, with distributor sales in other parts of North America and Europe. The plant is located in the Los Angeles, CA area.
We are Proud to Boast
- Factory-Direct Sales
- A flat management structure that keeps Sales Representatives connected to all levels of management.
- Competitive products that yield superior solutions in our chosen niche.
- A value-added, consultative selling process.
- Close relationships with our customers.
- Excellent compensation.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Long history of stability and growth.
- Excellent product and sales training programs.
The Sales Representative creates unique value to our customers by ensuring support before, during and after the sale. The work of the Sales Representative helps customers realize optimal benefit from using our products. This leads to extraordinary customer satisfaction and thereby constitutes a major competitive advantage for TRAK Machine Tools.
The Sales Representative works out of their home and serves the customers in their territory by driving to their places of business. The Sales Representative is supported by a local Regional Manager, Applications Representatives and by Field Service Technicians who call on the same shops in order to perform demonstrations, training, installations, maintenance and service.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
- Finding new customers through prospecting and cold calls.
- Arranging the demonstration of our products.
- Initiating job studies and cost justifications.
- Organizing and communicating the details of customer orders.
- Training customers on product use after the installation.
- Coordinating training on product use.
- Working trade shows.
- Supporting current customers with information and help solving problems
- Interest in manufacturing technology.
- Appropriate personality for consultative selling.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts.
- Experience in metalworking machine shops (may be offset by education).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering (may be offset by experience).
- Must have a valid driver's license with no significant violations.
- At least five years of work experience selling capital equipment.
The above description is not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of skills, qualifications, and duties for this role. Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Southwestern Industries, Inc. – TRAK Machine Tools is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact Human Resources to ask for accommodations or an alternative application process.