Delivering the ProtoTRAK RMX CNC has been a big job for the various teams at TRAK Machine Tools. In fact, much of the company has been working toward that goal for quite a while. It is the next generation of the famed ProtoTRAK® — a machine control that has been at the top of its class for decades.
The investment goes well beyond the time and effort to produce these specialized computers. The company is also investing in customer knowledge and support through the use of instructional videos.
In addition to the content embedded within one of the control's newest features, Enhanced ProtoTRAK Assistance (EPA for short), an entire library of how-to videos was created specifically for machinists, CNC operators and machine shop owners using or planning to use the RMX. These videos feature one of TMT's many subject matter experts, "TRAKing Pat", as he walks viewers through tasks from basic to advanced.
The selected videos are arranged by skill level.
- What Makes the RMX Different? 7 minutes
- About the Status Window 2 minutes
- How To Use the Tool Table 3 minutes
- How to Use the Calculator and Keyboard 3 minutes
- Using Teach Mode - Part 1 12 minutes
- Using Teach Mode - Part 2 6 minutes
- Using the Chip Clear Function 9 minutes
- How To Set Defaults and Options - Part 1 8 minutes
- How To Set Defaults and Options - Part 2 3 minutes
- Using Offline Programming 8 minutes
- Using Adaptive Machining 9 minutes
- Creating Island Pockets - Part 1 13 minutes
- Creating Island Pockets - Part 2 11 minutes
- Working with DXF Files 10 minutes
- Offline Programming and Auto Geometry Engine® 10 minutes
- 3 Axis Milling (3D Rotations) 5 minutes
TRAK MT is committed to supporting customers with the best products and resources. This library of helpful how-to videos will continue growing as the company strives to meet the needs of ProtoTRAK professionals.
TRAK Machine Tools specializes in CNC milling machines and CNC lathes for prototype, toolroom and small lot work. TMT also produces machining centers for high mix, low volume work such as the portable 2op VMC and the LPM Machining System.